We welcome everyone at the Old brick Guesthouse.
Due to the layout of the house we are unable to provide a downstairs
bedroom or to accommodate
guests who cannot manage stairs. If you have any specific requests
or questions that you would like to discuss with us, please call or
• The house is on 3 levels; ground, first and second floor. There are 9
stairs to a half landing, then 3 stairs either left to a wider landing
or right to first floor rooms. There is a handrail on the right and
bannisters on the left. Each
stair is 108 cm wide and 20 cm deep. The second floor can to reached
from the landing by going up 11 stairs that go round 2 corners. These
stairs are 80 cm wide and 20 cm deep and have bannisters on the left
but no handrail.
• There is a second flight of stairs that is designated as the fire escape
from the first floor that may be easier to manage for people who
have difficulty with stairs.
• There are no ground floor bedrooms.
• There is plenty of parking on a gravel driveway with parking available
on the same level as the back door if required. There is a small
step into the house.
• The ground floor is level throughout.
• There is a downstairs toilet with washbasin across the yard from the
Assistance Dogs and other Pets
• We welcome assistance dogs and are happy to exercise them on request
• Friendly dogs belonging to guests are welcome by arrangement provided
they are kept under control.
• Menus and guest welcome information are available in large print on request
• Cordless kettles are available in all rooms
• The bedrooms are lockable with a key and guests are provided with a front
door key. All bedroom doors are fitted with euro locks that provide
keyless locking and unlocking from the inside.
• Each room has a main ceiling light, controllable from the door. There
are also bedside lamps on each side of the bed.
• The duvets and pillows are made of a synthetic filling, suitable for
people with allergies.
• All rooms are equipped with en-suite bathrooms with shower stalls.
• An adjustable shower stool is available for use in the first floor showers.
Please let us know if you wish to make use of it.
• Each room is supplied with a well stocked beverage tray, including tea,
instant coffee and hot chocolate.
• Orange mobile phones can be accessed within the house, but there is limited
or no coverage for other networks.
• A cordless telephone handset on the house landline can be made available
for guest use on request.
• People with nut allergies should be aware that we do use nuts in the
• We are happy to supply soya milk, decaffeinated coffee, herbal tea or
other alternatives on request. Please advise us prior to your arrival.
• We are non smoking throughout